We shall remain - US Doku Serie 2008 / 9

Schauspieler, Rezensionen von Kino- und TV-Produktionen etc.
Actors/actresses & reviews of cinema & TV productions etc.

Moderatoren: Elk Woman, Bärbel

We shall remain - US Doku Serie 2008 / 9

Beitragvon Rob » Di 17. Feb 2009, 11:33

Neue US Serie (hier nochmal in die richtige Rubrik, danke an Elk für´s aufmerksam machen ) :oops: ;)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/weshallremain/the_films/episode_1_trailer

Einzelne Trailer und Foto - Gallerien zu:

- Mayflower Pilgrims / Wampanoags
- Tecumseh / Shawnees und Stämmebündnis
- Cherokee Trail of Tears
- Geronimo / Apache
- Wounded Knee / Lakota

Interessante Hintergrund-Infos zu finden

Viele Grüße

Rob
Rob

von Anzeige » Di 17. Feb 2009, 11:33

Anzeige

Re: We shall remain - US Doku Serie 2008 / 9

Beitragvon Elk Woman » Di 17. Feb 2009, 13:03

Hi, Rob,

danke für die Info ! Ich hab mir das auch angeschaut ( wir hatten ja darüber schon uns ausgetauscht)

Der Trailer ist vielversprechend und nun drücke ich die Daumen das dies uns nicht hier in Old Germany vorenthalten bleibt.

LG,
elk
"No man is an Iland, intire of itselfe
(John Donne)
Elk Woman
Forenteam
Forenteam

Beitragvon Jana » Di 17. Feb 2009, 17:36

Hallo Rob,

die Serie scheint sehr interessant zu sein. Hoffentlich kommt sie irgendwann ins deutsche Fernsehen. Was mir an der Webseite sehr gefällt, ist, dass neben den Serien- und Episodentrailern auch Hintergrundwissen geboten wird, z.B. über die heutige Situation der NAs. Toll ist auch das Projekt "REELNATIVE", bei dem Indianer Videos zur Veröffentlichung einreichen können und so eine Platform erhalten.

LG Jana
Jana

Beitragvon Elk Woman » Mo 6. Apr 2009, 21:35

Quelle : Native American Times / "We Shall Remain"
http://nativetimes.com/

After the Mayflower premiers April 13

BOSTON – In March of 1621, in what is now southeastern Massachusetts, Massasoit, the leading sachem of the Wampanoag, sat down to negotiate with a ragged group of English colonists. Hungry, dirty and sick, the pale-skinned foreigners were struggling to stay alive; they were in desperate need of Native help.
Massasoit took a gamble in negociating with the paled skinned foreigners. (PBS film Photo)

Massasoit faced problems of his own. His people had lately been decimated by unexplained sickness, leaving them vulnerable to the rival Narragansett to the west. The Wampanoag sachem calculated that a tactical alliance with the foreigners would provide a way to protect his people and hold his Native enemies at bay. He agreed to give the English the help they needed.

A half-century later, as a brutal war flared between the English colonists and a confederation of New England Indians, the wisdom of Massasoit’s diplomatic gamble seemed less clear. Five decades of English immigration, mistreatment, lethal epidemics and widespread environmental degradation had brought the Indians and their way of life to the brink of disaster. Led by Metacom, Massasoit’s son, the Wampanoag and their Native allies fought back against the English, nearly pushing them into the sea.

“We Shall Remain” is an American Experience production in association with Native American Public Telecommunications for WGBH Boston.
(John Donne)
Elk Woman
Forenteam
Forenteam

Beitragvon wasicun-win » Mo 13. Apr 2009, 07:04

Hallo liebe Wigwam - Bewohner habe soeben dies von Kaytennae erhalten

so wie ICH es mir übersetzte klingt das absolut Klasse ..ich hoffe sehr das es diese TV - Produktion auch einmal in Deutschland laufen wird - das so manches Klischee über die Geschichte der Nativen auch hier aufgeklährt werden könnte..

Hello,

Blessings, and I hope you're in good health & spirits.

If you have a moment, I'd appreciate, if you could read this. Thank you!

Monday, April 13th, is a historical event, 5 years in the making, of 5 pivotal events in the history of Native Americans, as seen through the eyes of an Indian!

Please check your local TV guide listing for the exact time, and channel for your PBS station.

I know here in the west coast it starts at 9pm, if you're on central time, it's 8pm, and on the east coast it's 9pm. I don't know what time it starts for Mountain time.

Never has such as undertaking, of a production of this magnitude, been directed by Indians, such as Chris Eyre.

In my short duration as an actor, I've had the opportunity, to work on some big projects, that involved Indians. Most white directors don't have a clue, about us. Their history of Indians come from flawed, inaccurate, and in many instances, outright lies, they were taught in school. They saw movies, directed by John Ford, who learned about Indians from directors like D.W. Griffin, who's only contact with Indians, was in New York City, watching Buffalo Bill's Wild West show. My God, how things can get out of hand!

To have an opportunity to work with someone who understood Indians, was fantastic. And what better director, than Chris Eyre, who is Arapaho and Cheyenne.

In episode one of "WE SHALL REMAIN", titled, "After the Mayflower". It'll star my good friend and buddy Zahn McClaron, William Elk, Tontazin Carmelo, Tatanka Means (all four of these actors had major roles on the TNT miniseries, "Into The West"), another good friend Nicolas Irons, and Annawon Weedon. There are two phenomenal human beings, who I will forever be grateful and thankful for, who saved my life, and literally carried me through the shoot, David Tall Pines and Larry Spotted Crow. I love both of you. It brings tears to my eyes thinking back to those days of July 2008, it was when I grew as a human being

There are many indigeous stories that could've been told, and still need to be told, such as the Trail of Tears for the Navajos, the on-going 1800 mile battle, Chief Joseph, of the Naz Perces, fought to save his people, the ruthlessness of whites who slaughtered many California Indians, like the Miwoks, with impunity for gold, Abraham Lincoln's policy for Indians, complete extermination (bet'sa many of you didn't know that!). And countless others that Americans of all races, would love to hear.

There are five 90 minute episodes, and a new episode will air every Monday, beginning April 13th.

If any of you have questions, please contact me, and I'll do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. And if you can pass this on to others, that'd be fantastic!

Many Blessings,

Dazwischen schickte er noch Fotos vom Dreh ..

werde versuchen die Seite vom Brief dazu zu verlinken.. hoffe es geht..

http://messaging.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mail.readmessageV2&userID=298927872&type=Inbox&messageID=70439965

sowie seine persöhnliche Seite auch :

http://www.myspace.com/270944981

Meine Vermutung ist ... es wird soetwas wie Into the West .. ein klasse Film..

ich versuch mal Trailer zu finden ..

l.g.

wasi
wasicun-win

We shall remain - jetzt Online Full Episodes

Beitragvon Rob » Sa 23. Jan 2010, 14:22

Jetzt kann man die einzelnen Episoden dieser hervorragend gemachten Doku komplett auf der Internetseite sehen.
Hier kommen die Indianer selber zu Wort als auch Historiker, und zeichnen ein Bild der historischen Ereignisse auf.
Aus meiner Sicht sehr zu empfehlen. Die Filme dauern je etwas länger als eine Stunde.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/weshallremain/

Grüße

Rob
Rob

Re: We shall remain - jetzt Online Full Episodes

Beitragvon Nadine » Sa 23. Jan 2010, 14:26

Ihr seid alle ziemlich schnell :) Ich bin gerade am durchwurschteln und hätte es auch dann bestimmt gepostet. Ich freu mich auch, denn am 6.2. kommt "We Shall remain" um 20.15 Uhr auf Arte. Nur mal so ein kleiner Tipp am Rande :D

Danke Rob fürs posten
~Start the New Year with a HAPPY HEART~ Carla-Rae~
Nadine

Beitragvon Elk Woman » Sa 23. Jan 2010, 17:26

"We shall remain" - Dokumentation in 5 Teilen

Deutsche Erstausstrahlung: 06.02.2010 (arte)

"Die fünfteilige Dokumentarfilmreihe erzählt die über 300-jährige wechselvolle Geschichte Amerikas aus der Perspektive der indianischen Ureinwohner - von der Ankunft der "Mayflower" 1620 bis zur Besetzung von Wounded Knee 1973 durch Mitglieder einer indianischen Widerstandsorganisation. Im Mittelpunkt der Reihe steht eine Völkergruppe, die kontinuierlich gegen die Verdrängung aus dem eigenen Land und die Auslöschung der eigenen Kulturen kämpfen muss. Es ist eine Geschichte voller Hoffnung, Mut und unbändigem Überlebenswillen. "
(arte)

Regie: Chris Eyre

Die nächsten Ausstrahlungstermine/Folgen:
arte, Sa 06.02., 20.15 UhrAls die "Mayflower" landete
· arte/So 07.02., 14.55 Uhr-Als die "Mayflower" lande... (Wdh.)
· arte/Sa 13.02., 20.15 Uhr-Die Vision des Häuptlings Tecum...
· arte/So 14.02., 14.55 Uhr-Die Vision des Häuptlings... (Wdh.)
· arte/Sa 20.02., 20.15 Uhr-Spuren der Tränen
· arte/So 21.02., 14.55 Uhr-Spuren der Tränen (Wdh.)
· arte/Sa 27.02., 20.15 Uhr-Häuptling Geronimo
· arte/Sa 27.02., 21.30 Uhr-Wounded Knee
· arte/So 28.02., 14.55 Uhr-Häuptling Geronimo (Wdh.)
· arteD/o 04.03., 03.40 Uhr-Als die "Mayflower" landete
· arte/Fr 05.03., 03.00 Uhr-Die Vision des Häuptlings Tecum...

http://www.wunschliste.de/15193

Danke Nadine, für den Hinweis !!!!
:D

LG,
elk
(John Donne)
Elk Woman
Forenteam
Forenteam

Beitragvon Nadine » Sa 23. Jan 2010, 21:43

Bitteschön. Ich weiß es auch nur, weil Carla-Rae (sie spielt in der 3. folge mit) mich fragte, ob es nicht schon mal in Germany kam. Da suchte ich und fand es dann :D
~Start the New Year with a HAPPY HEART~ Carla-Rae~
Nadine

Beitragvon Jana » Sa 30. Jan 2010, 10:00

Hinweise zur ersten Folge der deutschen Erstausstrahlung bei ARTE:

Samstag, 06.02., 20.15 Uhr bis 21.30 Uhr
Läuft unter dem deutschen Titel "Wir bleiben bestehen"

Indianische Geschichte von der Ankunft der Pilgerväter 1621 bis zur Besetzung Wounded Knees 1973

Geschichte (USA 2008) - Mit der Invasion der Europäer begann für Amerikas Ureinwohner eine Zeit des Leids: Krankheit und Hunger, Vertreibung und Ermordung, Unterdrückung und Verlust der Wurzeln. Die tragische Geschichte aus Sicht der Indianer veranschaulichen fünf Folgen mit Spielszenen und Hintergrundinfos. Auftakt: "Als die Mayflower landete". Samstags im Indianerschwerpunkt.

Quelle: TV Today 03/10 S. 122
Infos: http://www.arte.tv/de/woche/244,broadca ... =2010.html
Jana

Nächste

Ähnliche Beiträge

TAGS

Zurück zu Indianer im Film/Movies creaated by or related to Native Americans